Thursday, March 29, 2012

God willing we are runnin'

So You Want To Join Team GSF?Ayanna, Jake and I have been training (stopping every other house to complain about a side stich or being thirsty) for the GSF half marathon in November. It is hard really hard but we are getting to the point that i think we can do this. When we run we get our GSF gear on and then we run like the wind (a slow tired wind). the first day that we ran we turned the corner to get onto the next street and we met up with another jogger. I turned and yelled to Jake to hurry up I know real encouraging, he caught up and we started off again. The lady smiled at us and told us that we were doing great. I was so tired and I think Ayanna  said Thanks. She smiled at us again and said "Never Give Up" magic words!
When I run I get worn out and its hard to think . I  used to get frustrated with my siblings and yell at them (more than I did with Jake), but now when I run all I see is all the kids with SMA like their on a slide show in my head. I ask myself over and over again "who am i runnin for?" "what am i runnin for?" It pumps me up and get a sudden burst of energy. I am so excited to run with all the other GSF runners why can't time go faster i wish it was November!
Another way we get our blood going is to watch the never give up movie i've posted it before but i will post it again...
Please continue to pray for all the kids with  this disease, for everyone running and for a cure.
With love,
Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment